I’ve been reviewing some products lately and I was excited to get to put two of the products into one recipe! This is my old stand-by Oat Bar recipe (allergy free and civilian) and it’s really easy to make changes and have a successful turn out. So, without further ado, here’s my new Oat Bar recipe! Enjoy!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Oat Bars
makes 16 bars
In a large mixing bowl, combine the following:
1 cup gluten free rolled oats
1 cup gluten free old fashioned oats
1 cup gluten free flour
1/4 cup Mighty Tasty Hot Cereal*
1/4 cup ground flax seed or flax meal
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp xanthan gum
1 cup Enjoy Life Semisweet Chocolate Chunks
In a smaller bowl, combine the following and let it sit for 5 minutes:
1 TB ground chia
3 TB warm water
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 cup Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
1/2 cup pure pumpkin
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Generously grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
4. Make a well in the center and pour in the wet mixture.
5. Mix well using a fork or your hands.
6. Pat the mixture evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes, turning once for even baking, until the bars begin to turn golden at the edges.
7. Cool for 5 minutes, then cut into bars while still warm. Do not allow the bars to cool completely before cutting, or they will be too hard to cut.